Friday, June 15, 2012

Wk 4 - Leadership Post

When I think about inspiring leaders, I don't have to look any further than this amazing cohort! 
The value of this program has been what I have learned through our interactions in cyberspace. 
There are characteristics that each of you possess that demonstrate leadership 
and are qualities I hope to emulate. 

I feel that it is so important to find wonderful women who are role models for leadership 
and this cohort is filled with such individuals.  

Vee has taken the opportunity to challenge the epidemic of Cyber Bullying and has shown focused dedication in developing a project that will change the lives of the young people in her community. Jessica I. is a shining example of organization, timeliness and attention to detail and these skills have aided in her creation of an innovative reading and writing program for her students. Melinda is always willing to jump right in and incorporate a new tool with the students in her classroom in a creative and unique way allowing her students to find their own voice. Karen was nervous about using technology at first, but is no longer afraid to text what she is feeling and has clearly shared some of her views with us :-) Carrie joined us only a few months ago, but she has quickly become Captain Barbosa who is always ready to keep us updated or reminded of important information. Debbie has taken risks and implemented incredible lessons that engage her challenging and diverse audience. Tracy has developed her AR project so as to empower lifelong learners. Katina created a project that has a direct and immediate impact on her students' as they search for future employment. Cherylee demonstrated her resourcefulness when she didn't allow the lack of a classroom to deter her from designing an after school digital storytelling program that had a waitlist! Jessica B. has shown that collaboration is vital to an engaging learning experience and has encouraged her students to work together. Tamarah has provided clear and reflective feedback to some of my posts. 

I am thankful for the lessons I have learned from each cohort member.  
I have only highlighted a few. 
I am really looking forward to meeting each of you 
and celebrating our many successes as we journeyed through EMDT.

5 comments:

  1. I'm quite certain that this is the most touching blog post anyone has written during our months in EMDT. How thoughtful of you to remember something about everyone in our cohort and include that in your text. You have forgotten one very important person, however. YOU! Let me add a few details. I haven't been in your close-knit working group, but that hasn't stopped you from providing input, sending chapter summaries, sharing encouragement, and always maintaining a happy disposition in the midst of insanity! You shared a most special motherhood video (still my favorite) and opened the door to your very soul. I cannot wait to meet you as well, when we gather together to celebrate a year of growth and learning. Thanks, Rebecca, for being such a mentor and leader in our cohort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, Thank you for the inspiration, what a loving post. We are all very fortunate to have been on this amazing journey together. I plan on keeping in touch with everyone. I think you and Pete will be in for a wonderful experience with publishing and presenting at conferences. Thank you again for the thoughtful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! It almost made me tear up! I am really inspired to see this and I truly believe we all possess leadership qualities! They are all unique in various ways and dimensions! Thank You for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ladies, for checking out my blog :-) I know I didn't get all the women in our cohort, especially those who are not still with us, but when I was thinking of leadership, I immediately thought of the wonderful women of our group and how much I have learned through this journey each of you. Your support and encouragement has made it easy for me to take risks and share my thoughts. Thank you! On to month 12!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice and wonderful thoughts on your classmates and fellow-leaders.

    ReplyDelete