Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wk 3 - Leadership Post


Action Research Project Description:
Teachers face many challenges including the lack of time and training, which are paramount to successful incorporation of technology into lessons.  My AR project sought to engage the faculty at my school through Introduction of simple to use, high impact Web 2.0 tools. Cycle 1 showed that consistent training increased self-efficacy, which in turn encouraged the faculty to devote more time and energy into incorporation of new tools. One hundred percent of teachers involved in Cycle 2 rated face-to-face training as very or vitally important. Data from both cycles supported that opportunities to allow colleagues to gather while they are creating so that collaboration and technical support can be given increased motivation and implementation of new tools.

Format and Where I Will Present:
Pete Episcopo and I have been discussing our AR projects in depth since discovering that we were interested in deploying almost identical projects with our colleagues. Finally after 8 months of collaborating, we have an incredible opportunity to design and present our data together. The inclusion of both projects as one presentation will bolster our message and demonstrate the transferability of our work to other schools. We will be applying to present at the MacWorld/iWorld Conference in San Francisco, January 31-February 2, 2013 (http://www.macworldiworld.com/speakers/) and the Sloan Consortium Webinars (open dates) (http://sloanconsortium.org/webinar_listing).

We decided to apply to two conferences to give us a chance to present both in person and through a webinar format.  Both of these venues reach individuals who are interested in both technology and education. I am looking forward to getting the experience of presenting through a webinar format since I have attended a few and have been immersed in online education through EMDT. I am so glad that if I am to present at a conference like MacWorld, I will have a colleague and great supporter on stage with me!

Week 1 - To Publish or Present?
Week 2 - Where to Present?
Leadership Document - Storytable of Presentation

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, I am so excited for you and Pete. I think you maybe become a very busy lady. I guess you already are busy! Your project has some much information to offer and inspire others. You and Pete will do amazing presentations.

    ReplyDelete