Saturday, November 5, 2011

PE3_iMovie

WE'VE GOT THE BEAT!!!

The third part of the tutorial got very interesting. There were two things I was anxious to try that were new to me in iMovie...



green screen and...



                    snap to beats.


 
These are definitely two ways I can move past basic editing and really design a project that is creative and full of emotion. So, I headed to school to check out our TV studio's green screen. Much to my dismay, the green screen is in the middle of being upgraded. While this is an excellent improvement for Tiger TV, it meant that my foray into green screen production would have to wait until next time.
Microsoft Clipart Gallery Image
Had to go with the eco-friendly ah ha light bulb!
Microsoft Clipart Gallery Image

As has happened to me quite often in this program, what initially was viewed as a set back, inevitably led to a new discovery and a new creative spark.








With green screen and impossibility this time around, I redirected and decided to try snap to beats instead. 
My students are used to me and my projects by now and are excited to be the star in yet another Innovation Studios production. I am amazed at how comfortable they all are on video. Even the quiet students come alive. It must have to do with the fact that they are used to being on camera all the time with the ubiquitous nature of cameras on cell phones, photo booth on computers, and profile pics. What began as an iMovie experiment led to my creation of a two part commercial that also satisfies another of our required assignments. Check out the "teaser" commercial here and then check out my B4 post to see the conclusion!

 
All music used from iMovie library

 Well, that's the recap of the iMovie tutorial. Here's to a successful lesson learned!




4 comments:

  1. Trin, nice job on the snap to beats! Your economic use of content is a model for me as I synthesize AR an RILS! Pump up da volume!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca -

    Way to go on the beats! I wasn't brave enough to try that one just yet - but you did a marvelous job (which inspired me to give it a try). Love that you are involving your kids and your colleagues already. My suite mate is already asking "What I'm learning next . . ." because she is loving all the new tools, also! (Should she be sharing the cost of my tuition?)

    Fantastic blog!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen,
    Thank you for the compliment! You can do snap to beats for sure. My number 1 piece of advice is to do what Garrick did in the tutorial; set up the music first. I learned this the hard way. Get your beats marked in the music and then add your pictures. It's a snap :-)
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video with snap beats. I can't wait to try and add video to mine, and yours gave me great ideas. I love how excited your students are in class. They are definitely finding the new technology engaging. You are so lucky to have Mac in your school! I am thrilled to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete