Saturday, November 5, 2011

PE2_iMovie

Dreaming of Ewoks... 

Imagine what George Lucas would have done if he had iMovie as a kid! The ease of production and user friendly interface can turn anyone into a film maker! I'm living proof since I had never even tried iMovie before the program began.

Now the second installment of the tutorial was when things got interesting. The tutorial included great information about organizing, rating, and tagging clips. These techniques were simple to do and allowed multiple videos to be easily searchable for use in projects.
Up until this point, I hadn't even explored these options. I could see the value in marking videos as they were downloaded. The main reason why I like the idea of marking video as it is downloaded is because I feel like this woman in the picture. I often don't take the time to organize things right away and then things pile up. I already have multiple events and hours worth of videos on my iPhoto. Using the marking option with iMovie will be something that I begin doing from now on.

Another cool feature is the Faces option which allows the computer to help you find people in videos. This is the same tool as the Faces tool in iPhoto which I have used only limitedly. I didn't realize you could do this with iMovie. Again, I really like how Mac has been designed to do the work for you as long as you learn the simple commands. Each task Garrick demonstrated had a shortcut usually accessed through the advanced toolbar or the command key.

Once the videos have been imported and marked/rated, the fun really begins. This section is an invaluable resource and provided content that was brand new for me.

I have already become best friends with the trailer templates in iMovie. I am hoping that they will come out with some kind of update or a way to get new templates soon to provide us with some new options. If anyone hears of anything, please let me know. I am sure once we dive into the Adobe suite, we may learn things that will help us create our own completely original templates. This sounds unimaginable, but then again I never thought I could make a movie at all. Thank you Apple for making me look like a rockstar!

No comments:

Post a Comment